Friday, April 6, 2012

Sleeping In

My daughter is out of school for four days! Yay! Today is the first day, then we have the regular weekend, and Monday will be the fourth day. Knowing she didn't have school today, last night hubby asked if we were planning on sleeping in. My answer to that question was yes.

Well, this morning I was tossing and turning a bit then decided to look at the clock. Yep, you guessed it. It was still early. I hadn't slept in unless you consider 3 minutes past when my alarm normally goes off to be sleeping in. During the week I usually set my alarm for 8:15am. This morning when I looked at my clock when I woke up, it had the numbers 8:18am. You have got to be kidding me? I wanted to sleep in, NOT pretty much get up at the same time I usually do!

So, did I get up? Nope. I rolled back over and went back to sleep. Next time I looked at the clock I saw the number 9:50am. Woohoo! I had successfully slept in! Of course then I felt like I had wasted my morning but I think a little extra rest is needed sometimes.

When I got up hubby and my daughter were already up but my son was still snoozing away. He woke up not much longer after I did though.

Since I slept in, I am now a bit behind on my day. I'll have to get busy to get things accomplished now. I'm off to a good start. I've done some things online and will next be getting a few packages ready for the post office. After that all of us will be getting ready to go out to run some errands which include shopping for my son's Easter outfit (I already bought my daughter an Easter dress), mailing packages at the post office, and going to get a picture of the kids with the Easter bunny. Oh what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment