Tuesday, July 28, 2009

House Rules Of A 5 Year Old

On most days my daughter will say something funny, cute, or clever for being a 5 year old and I think, "I should blog about that." I hardly ever do however because I usually can't remember exactly what she says or all of what she says. So today when she started saying something I wanted to blog I decided to write it down so I wouldn't forget what she said. Today there was a rerun of an old episode of The Cosby Show on tv. I didn't pay too much attention to it but I think part of the episode dealt with the little girl named Olivia talking about how things would be when she was all grown up. Well, apparently my 5 year old daughter was paying attention to part of the episode. This afternoon she started to tell me what the "house rules" would be when she was older.

Rule #1: Always eat on the couch. (I think this comes from the fact that I am always telling her to take her food to the table to eat and not sit on my couch with it.)

Rule #2: Always stay up late watching movies. (I think this comes from the fact that sometimes at night when she is watching a movie we make her turn it off to go to bed. She doesn't always like to.)

Rule #3: Watch tv all day. (I think this one comes from the fact that we don't let her watch tv all the time even though I think she would love too most of the time.)

Rule #4: Crochet in the middle of the night. ( I think she made this one up because I had all my crochet things out and she saw them.)

Rule #5: Go to bed when done watching movies. (Again this one I think stems from having to turn off a movie for night night time.)

Rule #6: Count something like flowers. (At this point I think she was just starting to make up things just to add to the list.)

And those my friends are the "house rules" from a 5 year old. Now who wants to live in that house?

No comments:

Post a Comment