Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Discontinued

Being a crocheter it is REALLY annoying to be making something with a certain color of yarn only to find out that color has become discontinued. Fortunately one time when this happened I was thankfully able to find it on eBay and was able to finish my project.

A few other yarn colors that I use have been discontinued too. These were not colors that I really HAD to have though, but they were colors I wanted to be able to keep making my items with so I again found them on eBay and stocked up. Of course, by buying on eBay I had to pay more which wasn't what I wanted but what I did want was the colors, so I paid the price. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to find them in the future so when what I have is gone, there will be no more.

I'm guessing that a company stops making certain colors because they don't feel "enough" people are buying them in order for them to make a profit.

Problem with this idea, which I understand by the way, is that even though "enough" people aren't buying a color, there are SOME that do. Apparently I seem to pick the colors that aren't quite as popular. Just my luck!

2 comments: