Sunday, February 5, 2012

How Do You Promote?

My blog topic for today is: How do you promote your Etsy shop?

Promoting your Etsy shop plays a KEY role in getting sales in my opinion. You have to get yourself out there for people to see. If you set up a yard sale in your yard but don't put any signs up anywhere, you aren't going to get very many people stopping by except those who happen to drive down your street.

I think it is the same on Etsy. If you list an item but don't promote your Etsy shop anywhere you aren't going to get as many people viewing it. If you aren't getting views, you aren't going to get many sales.

Here's what I do to promote my Etsy shop:

1. On occasion I will send out a mass e-mail to all of my family/friends with the link to my shop and ask them to pass it along to everyone they know if they want to/have the chance.

2. I've joined some of the teams on Etsy. Mostly ones that aren't REALLY active because I like to be able to keep up and sometimes can't check in on them. Even though they aren't REALLY active it is still a place to share my items with others.

3. When I list something whether it be an expired item I've renewed, a sold item I've relisted, or a new item altogether I will go and post the link to it on ALL the teams I'm on and I tweet the link on Twitter as well.

4. Twitter is a great, did I say GREAT way to get views. I didn't use to use Twitter much but now do. Since using it more my views have gone WAY up. I think I've gotten new favorites from it. Views can turn into favorites. Favorites can turn into sales. And sales = money. We all want money, don't we?

5. I've heard Facebook is a good promoting tool as well. I personally don't have it. Just one more thing I myself don't have time for but on occasion my friend puts my Etsy shop on her Facebook page and I get views from it.

6. My daughter and I have been making a daily treasury on Etsy this year. This is not only promoting others but also gets your Etsy shop seen more because the shops you feature will sometimes browse what you have if they haven't before and then if they share the link to show off they are featured, those they share with may end up taking a look in your Etsy shop.

7. I try to include a card with what I make, my Etsy shop address, and my e-mail address in with my orders so that way my buyer can share with others if they want.

8. Adding listings on a regular basis I think can help a bit too. I can't always do this though. Just depends on how much time I have to be online.

Hopefully some of that information will be useful to some of you! If you have any other ways you promote, please feel free to share them in a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks for sharing your methods with us. I use Facebook, Stumble and Pinterest as my main marketing tools. I include my business card and 3 or 4 gift cards or tags with each order I ship. I also try to include a hand written short Thank You or Enjoy with those orders. The past few months I have been listing at least 1 item every day and I do think it has helped increase my views. I would also love to read what others do to promote their shops.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete