Monday, July 27, 2009

Not Good News

If you don't know already from reading some of my blogs from June, one of my best friend's mom has cancer. They found out just over a month ago. Today my friend called. Her mom had a scan last week to see how radiation was going and to see if the cancer had spread. Her brother took their mom to her doctor's appointment today to get the results of the scan and unfortunately the news they received today was not good. Not good at all. They told her that the cancer had spread to her liver and her esophagus. They have given her 3-4 months to live. The doctor told her at this point they don't even think chemo would help so she has decided to stop all treatments including the radiation she was taking. She doesn't want to get sick from treatments if they aren't going to help. I can't say that I blame her. My heart is breaking for my friend and all my thoughts are with her right now. I cannot even begin to imagine how she must feel right now or what she must be thinking. I know this has got to be so hard for her. They just found out the news today and her mom is wanting to get all the legal things in order like getting the house in my friend's name. Things like that. My friend doesn't want to think about all that stuff right now. Not today. She knows she will have to do it soon though. It's just so awful. She knows I'm here if she needs me for anything. All she needs to do is call and I'll do what I can. Any prayers that can be said to help my friend and her family get through this are greatly appreciated. Also any prayers for her mom to not have any pain during her last few months are appreciated as well. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you, your friend and especially your friend's mom.

    ReplyDelete