Sunday, July 12, 2009

Birthday Parties

Today we were busy all day long celebrating birthdays. We got up, had breakfast, got everyone ready, and somewhere in between there I also made a chicken and rice casserole to take with us. First place we went was one of my aunt's house. There we were celebrating my grandma's 75th birthday. It was a surprise party. I don't think she realized the party was for her until they were about there and even then I think she said she thought it was a party for her and grandpa's anniversary which is also this month. It was a great party with lots and lots of family and friends there to help her celebrate her birthday. She really enjoyed it which we knew she would. She loves to get together and visit with everyone. This is the party that my casserole was for. My aunts, my mom, and a few others who were there all made different food dishes for all to eat. All the food was really tasty! Mmmm mmmm good! My aunts also got a cake made with a picture of my grandma on it from when she was in high school. So long ago! After we finished there we were off to one of my best friend's house to help her daughter celebrate her 9th birthday. These kids have got to stop getting older. It makes me get older too and I don't want to! There they had some barbequed hamburgers, hot dogs, and brats. I didn't eat there but the hubby did. He usually does not miss out on an opportunity to have barbeque. He loves it! The kids hit at a pinata and got loads of candy that I'm sure none of them needed! There was also a cotton candy machine and chocolate chip cookie cakes to add to the sugar buzz! It was a great day today to see so many friends and family. Some who we have seen recently and some who we haven't seen in quite awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment