Friday, June 26, 2009

Friendship

Today my blog is more of a vent to help me feel better. It deals with something that has been bugging me for a few weeks now. I haven't quite decided how I am going to deal with it yet. I've always been one to have the belief that friendship works two ways. It may seem childish to some but I will not continually be the only one who holds a friendship together. For me it is, I call you and you call me too. Or I invite you to do something then you invite me to do something. It could be I call you two times in a row then you call me then I call you again. It doesn't necessarily have to be back and forth but you get my point. Both parties should be putting the effort into the friendship. A true friendship can withstand anything whether it be a disagreement over who you date or what other friends you have to one's opinion on your new outfit or if you should really spend your money on that. True friends can have little or big tiffs over anything big or small and still manage to stay friends. A true friend would tell you what was bothering them and not just shut you out. It just truly amazes me how lightly some people take friendship especially friendships they have had for many years! Good friends are very hard to come by nowadays! When you find one you should do all that you can to keep them! I guess some people just think they don't need too many friends? Okay, I feel a bit better now. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. (hugs) meandmom! i hear ya loud and clear on this one! in fact its something i've been dealing with too lately with a couple of friends. since my uncle's death i've come to realize who my real friends are, who were there for me, who never ever even called to see how i was. i was shocked by how little some really cared when i thought that we were true friends. goes to show how much you mean to some and not so much to others. sad reality sometimes, isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What makes it even worse is when the friendship is out of the blue different and you have no clue as to what even happened? You are sitting there thinking all is good and then all of a sudden it is like you aren't even friends anymore and there is no explanation for it. Only time will tell what will happen with my current situation. In the past it has led to the friendship just being over so who knows. We'll just wait and see. The ball is out of my court now. I've done what I am going to do.

    ReplyDelete