Sunday, August 23, 2009

Saving Juice

Just wanted to share a little story of something that happened on my daughter's first day of school. I think it will bring a smile to your face. For those of you who have children of your own, this little story may bring back to mind similar stories about your own kids.

For a little while before school had started we had been telling our daughter that she was going to have to start talking less while she was eating. We told her at school she would only have so much time to eat and if she talked too much she wouldn't have enough time to finish all her food.

While walking home on the first day of school I had asked her if she ate all her lunch. She said, "No, and I didn't talk." I told her she must have or she would have had time. She still insisted that she didn't. For her lunch that day I had packed her a peanut butter sandwich, (because the child does not like jelly for some reason), some plain potato chips, a package of fruit snacks, an oreo cookie, and a juice box. I asked her if she ate the sandwich. She said yes. I asked her if she ate the potato chips and she said yes. She didn't eat the cookie or the fruit snacks though. Isn't she such a good little girl to eat her meal before her dessert even when away from mommy? I'm so proud of her! The last thing in her lunch was the juice box. Now keep in mind that her lunch box is one that is a soft insulated tote box bag similar to this one here. When I asked if she drank all of it she said, "No, just half of it." I asked her what she did with it. Had she thrown it away? She said that she had saved it. Yep, you guessed it! A partial juice box was now a spilled all over her lunch box, leaked through and soaked her change of clothes in her back pack, juice box. I told her from now on if she doesn't have time to drink it all to just throw it away because we can't save it like that anymore. That was the only day she didn't finish her juice box.

1 comment: