Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Voice From The Other Room

With school now being out for the summer, YAY!, we are now able to stay up late and sleep in late if we want to. Of course yesterday was the last day of school so my kids and I took advantage of this new sleep schedule already.

My son and I outlasted my daughter though. Since my daughter and I had gotten up at basically the regular time yesterday morning and had a pretty regular type day besides the fact that school let out a few hours early and was just movie day (which my daughter LOVED), by the time normal school time bedtime came around my daughter was getting tired. She didn't want to go to bed at normal school time bedtime though but only lasted an hour or two past it.

My son, on the other hand, had been woken up yesterday morning to get our day started which is sometimes the case and other times not. His mornings vary depending on if hubby takes our daughter to school or if I have to go somewhere. So since my son had been woken up from his sleep yesterday morning, he was tired in the afternoon and got in a good nap.

This good nap made him ready to go! He didn't seem to be as tired when normal bedtime came so he stayed up watching a movie while I did some crocheting on an order. When mommy started to get sleepy, I went and curled up on the couch with him to watch the movie too.

That lil' booger could have probably stayed up for I don't know how much longer! I knew he was getting tired though because while lying there watching the movie with me, he kept fidgeting around, like he was doing everything he could to stay awake. He just didn't want to go to sleep yet!

I was finally ready to get some z's so I turned off the movie and both of us were asleep pretty quick.

My daughter was the first to wake up this morning, obviously because she went to sleep first, then I woke up next. My son was just snoozing away in his room.

My son apparently thought that he was the first one to wake up this morning because after I was up for a bit, I heard a little voice from the other room say, "Hello sleepy head!".

No comments:

Post a Comment