Friday, September 18, 2009

Rocking Chair Boredom

You know it is pretty boring to just sit and rock in a rocking chair for a long time. My son likes to rock when it is time to nap or go to bed at night. Usually it is only about 15 to 30 minutes of rocking but that amount of time feels like an hour or more especially when you are tired yourself. You sit there thinking about what you could be doing or getting done. You get past that train of thought though when you remember that you won't always get this cuddle time. At some point they grow up and don't want to be held. They would rather go, go, go. So for now, I know I need to enjoy this time. It won't last forever!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it passes too quickly.

    Roocking is exercise and a good time to reflect rather than plan. My oldest daughter loved to be rocked. I spent many nights in my great-grandparents rocking chair!

    Fond memory. Thanks for kindling it!

    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww what a sweet post! i am sure you are soaking in this time while you can! they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete