Friday, September 4, 2009

Guacamole

Tonight I made homemade guacamole for the first time. I always love it when we eat out at restaurants and have wanted to try and make it many times at home. With the price of avocados I had yet to do so until now. I was able to get some avocados the other day for a half way decent price. Mash up a few of them. Add some chopped tomato and onion. Dash in a bit of salt, pepper, and garlic salt with a touch of lime juice and voila! You have some pretty good tasting guacamole! Now I just need to get some tortilla chips and I'm all set. I had to taste test it with plain potato chips. Not quite the same. We plan on doing some grocery shopping tomorrow so I'll grab some tortilla chips then. The guacamole along with the homemade salsa I made last night will make for a nice tasty treat tomorrow! Mmmm mmmm......I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment