Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Good Thing He Likes Oranges

For the past month or so, my mom has been buying us oranges at the Farmer's Market. She had usually been getting us 6 to 8 oranges each weekend.

Hubby, our kids, and myself all really like the oranges. They make for a great, sweet tasting snack so this past weekend I had my mom get us a whole lot more than 6 to 8. I had her pick up 15 oranges for us!

Now, most of the time when we sit to have an orange for a snack, our kids will gobble them up, basically eating at least one orange a piece, if not more.

Tonight hubby had 5 oranges out to peel. I took one whole orange plus a few slices from another then hubby pulled apart the rest of the other 4 onto a plate, called for the kids, and in a few minutes all of us were enjoying our healthy, sweet tasting snack.

Only thing different was that both of the kids were in a hurry to get back to watching their Scooby-Doo episode in the other room so they didn't eat much of the oranges tonight. Of course not! Hubby had peeled plenty!

Hubby ended up eating a lot more oranges than he thought. Good thing he likes oranges!

No comments:

Post a Comment