Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Latest Project

During the night last night a new project idea came to me. I have no clue what made me think of this but I decided to make it today!

My kids LOVE it when we buy Trix yogurt and I actually do too. Hubby calls them shots of yogurt because they are a smaller serving but for the kids and I, they are just the right amount and they taste so yummy! They don't really leave that yogurt after taste in your mouth like regular yogurt can sometimes do. If you have never tried it, you really should.

Alrighty, now that I'm done with the try it before you buy it review of Trix yogurt, let's get back to the original topic of this blog post, shall we?

The Trix yogurt containers are made from plastic and we usually recycle them but the idea that came to me during the night was to crochet a basket around them and put an Easter egg in it that contained either a miniature face scrubbie or a couple of itty bitty make-up removers. I haven't quite decided for sure yet which I'm going to put inside the egg. I may even put a bunny shaped face scrubbie or make-up remover in there. Hmmmmm.....

Soooooo.......supplies needed to create this project were:

an empty, washed Trix yogurt container, some pink and white cotton yarn, a plastic Easter egg, some pink Easter grass, a crochet hook, and a pair of scissors


After just a short period of crochet time, ta da! All of the supplies pictured above turned into the finished project below! Whatcha think?


I'm pleased with the end result and can't wait to make some other color combinations! The basket actually looks pretty cute without the Trix yogurt container too. I tried to get a picture of the basket without the container on this post too but posting pictures doesn't always work the way I want it to. Grrrr.....

Maybe I'll have to find another use for the containers because I think I almost like the basket better without it anyway then I'll have another NEW project idea to blog about featuring the empty Trix yogurt containers.





No comments:

Post a Comment