Friday, January 6, 2012

Goals For Etsy For 2012

Inspired by another blogger MoiraCoon I have decided that my blog post for today will be about what my goals/hopes are for my Etsy shop for 2012.

Organization- There are times when I know I have the supplies to make something but because I have so much stuff I sometimes find myself searching for what I need. This is time wasted that could be spent creating! I plan to get all of my supplies more organized making it easier to find what I need when I need it to make something. Once I am more organized, I can be more prepared which is my next goal.

Preparation- I always say I need to be more prepared for the craft shows I participate in and for the holiday online shopping season. For 2011, I thought I was. Well, yep, you guessed it, I wasn't. Not completely anyway. My first fall craft show I did was well stocked but went so well that I didn't have much left for the next show I did. This also made me not prepared as well as I would have liked to have been for my online buyers. This year I plan to crochet, crochet, and did I mention crochet so that I have multiples of most everything I make. I want to build up a good inventory but of course I still hope to sell out of everything! Once I am more prepared I can start promoting more which is my next goal for the year.

Promoting! Promoting! Promoting!- I plan to promote a lot more this year than I have in the past. I have been blogging daily and using twitter daily. My daughter and I take turns making a daily treasury. I now belong to two teams on Etsy. I just joined my second one yesterday and have some links bookmarked to check out a few other ones. If I don't get my shop out there then I can't be seen. What better way to be seen than to join some teams and make new friends! Right? It's always fun to meet new people too so it is a win/win situation! Hopefully all my promoting will lead to my next goal of more sales!

Sales! Sales! Sales!- Let's face it. Anyone who has a shop where they are selling things always hopes for more sales. No matter how many we get I think we all still want more. Call it greed, call it needing the money, call it extra spending cash, call it whatever you want, if you are an Etsy shop owner you LOVE sales! I hope that my sales will continue to increase each year I have my Etsy shop open. Increases in sales makes one feel GREAT about what they are selling! I love the idea of people around the world using what I have created!

What are your goals/hopes for 2012?




No comments:

Post a Comment