Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday The 13th

With it being Friday the 13th, it made me think of this question. Are you superstitious?

My daughter often makes me think of the old wive's tale/superstition "Don't step on a crack. You'll break your mother's back." When we're walking she'll try to avoid the cracks on the ground sometimes. If she is thinking about it that is. Sometimes she'll have it on her mind and other times she doesn't. Obviously we know this doesn't really happen anyway.

I'd have to say that I don't think I'm really superstitious but sometimes superstitions cross my mind like if a black cat crosses the street in front of me or if the salt shaker tips over spilling salt on the table.

I just think about the superstitions when things like this happen. I by no means get worried about having bad luck and I don't toss salt over my shoulder if salt spills on the table. That is what you are supposedly suppose to do right? I have no clue?

Isn't there one about a ladder? You're not suppose to walk under it? Oh, and don't open an umbrella in the house. I just remembered that one too. Right now I can't even really think of too many other superstitions? Can you? If so, leave a comment for the rest of us to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment