Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Saddened By A TV Show

I can't remember if I ever posted about the first time my daughter saw the cartoon movie The Fox And The Hound? Even if I have, I'm going to start this blog post off with that story to lead into one about my son that happened today.

It's been quite a few years ago since my daughter saw The Fox And The Hound for the first time. If you've ever seen the movie then you might remember the part of the movie where the woman takes the fox out into the woods and lets him go.

When this part of the movie was on, my daughter who was still fairly young, looked at me with tears in her eyes. She was obviously saddened by this part of the movie.

Today my son was saddened by something we watched on tv. He and I were watching a television show about a woman who was lost in The Grand Canyon for weeks before finally being found. Part of the time when she was lost she had her dog with her until it ran off.

At the end when the woman was finally found, my son wanted them to find her dog too. He was so upset that the dog was still missing, that he curled up in my arms and was crying. Thankfully they had found her dog too and showed it just minutes after showing the woman being rescued because I'm not sure how long he would have stayed that upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment