Sunday, September 9, 2012

Purple Cauliflower

Both of my kids like to eat veggies and dip. My son likes carrots, cucumbers, and his favorite veggie with dip at the moment is broccoli. My daughter on the other hand usually just likes carrots and on occasion she'll eat cucumbers with dip too. She'd turn up her nose if you mentioned cauliflower or broccoli.

The other day hubby stopped in at the store and they had purple cauliflower for a reasonable price so he picked up a head of it. When we mentioned it to our daughter, once again that little nose of hers turned up. She didn't think it sounded good.

Well, tonight, hubby cut up that head of purple cauliflower and had some ranch dressing to dip it in. My daughter decided she would go ahead and try it. Lo and behold, she liked it!

Hubby and I think she liked it well, because it was purple. Purple happens to be one of my daughter's favorite colors so it is pretty obvious that is why she liked the purple cauliflower considering she won't eat regular white cauliflower. Hubby said the purple one tastes the same as the white one too so we're pretty sure it WAS the color that made her taste buds all of a sudden like it. I wasn't really hungry at the time so I haven't tasted it yet.

Hey! Whatever works and gets her to eat more veggies is fine by me! Unfortunately fresh fruit and veggies can cost SO much now a days that sometimes you just can't always afford to purchase them. We do as often as we can though since they are such a healthy food choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment