Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick Or Treating

Hope all my wonderful blog readers had a happy and safe Halloween! We had a busy day and evening here at our house. Started out with getting to sleep in just a bit then having breakfast. I got a few packages ready to mail and by that time we were eating some lunch.

After that we got both the kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes. Our little boy was Winnie The Pooh and our daughter was Sleeping Beauty. Our daughter's unicorn from Build A Bear was also Sleeping Beauty.

Once they were ready we went to the post office to mail out my packages and headed over to my grandparent's house. We have never taken our daughter door to door trick or treating and do not ever plan to. There are just too many crazy/strange people in the world today that I don't trust candy from strangers. Granted I know that there are also a lot of nice people out there too but we are just not going to chance coming across one of the not so nice ones. So instead of going through the neighborhood we have always dressed our daughter up (and now our son) and gone to family members houses.

This year we took both the kids to my grandparents house where they had candy waiting from not only my grandparents but also one of my aunts had dropped off some candy for them too. We stayed and visited a bit then went over to Wal-mart which was so SUPER packed that we couldn't even find a parking space so we ended up shopping at Target. After that it was off to trick or treat at my mom's house. While there mom and I took my daughter over to my mom's old neighbor's house to get some candy. Went back to my mom's, visited for a little longer, then came home with FAR too much candy than we needed!

Once home my son took a good long nap while the rest of us had some supper. When my son woke up we fed him then headed off to my brother's wedding reception. No, they didn't get married on Halloween. They got married in Florida on the beach a few weeks back and had their reception tonight. We got there a few hours into it and stayed a couple of hours. My daughter was having a blast but my son was getting cranky. One, because he was still a bit tired since we had to wake him up to go and two, because he didn't want to be held. He wanted to go, go, go but couldn't just crawl all over. There were way too many people.

Now we are home and getting ready to tuck the kids in for the night. Whew, what a long, full day!

No comments:

Post a Comment