Thursday, October 29, 2009

Custom Orders

So if you were on Etsy and decided you wanted to have a large quantity of something made that a shop on Etsy had in their shop would you :

A. ask that seller about placing a large custom order

Or

B. place an Alchemy request on Etsy for a large quantity of the item using the picture from the shop on Etsy that has the item you are wanting/needing

I personally would have asked the seller first and if they couldn't do it for a price that worked for both of us then I would have placed an Alchemy bid but I would not have used their picture. Maybe I am just being moody today but I don't think it is right to use another Etsy shop's picture especially if you haven't even asked that shop about making the item for you. And yes, I just came across one of my pictures on Alchemy so that is where this is coming from. I'm sure this would not bother most but I bet it would bother some like it is bothering me. I'm not mad or anything. I just wish the person would have asked us to make the item first. We love custom orders! I feel like they did the Alchemy request to get our item made at a cheaper price. Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment