Friday, October 9, 2009

8 Hours Of Sleep

This morning I woke to the sound of my son crying. Looked at the clock and I think it was just before 7:30am. My hubby's alarm was set for 7:30am but it hadn't gone off yet. No way! Had he REALLY slept THAT long? Yes, yes he had! Hubby asked if I had got up with him and I said no. He hadn't either. Our son had slept ALL night for the first time in weeks! I think it was about 10:30pm last night when we had put him to bed and we went to bed about 11:30pm. Oh my goodness, did it feel nice to get pretty much a full 8 hours of solid sleep! I had begun to wonder when that would happen again! He had been sleeping basically all night long since he was about 3 or 4 months old. A couple of different times he has had his moments where he gets up in the night. The past few weeks has been one of those moments. We aren't 100% sure why but think part of it is because he's teething and part of it might be because he gets chilly since the weather here has changed and is now cooler outside. Neither of my children like to stay under the covers. Now, I am not going to expect another 8 hours of sleep again tonight as it was probably just a "Yes, I can still sleep all night if I want to but ha ha mommy, just kidding, did you think I'd really sleep ALL night long every night" kind of night. That's alright though. I'll take it when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment