Monday, January 25, 2010

Turnip Greens

So yesterday we went to Wal-mart to pick up a few things. We found ourselves walking down the food aisles and came across the canned vegetables. We saw that corn, turnip greens, collard greens, and mustard greens were all on sale for only $.38 a can. We decided to pick up a few cans of both kinds of corn, cream style and regular. We also decided to get a can of each of the greens since we had never had any of them before. Tonight I made some rice and chicken for supper. I cooked up the can of turnip greens too. My daughter thought it was spinach and we didn't tell her any different until supper was over for fear she wouldn't want to eat it if she knew it was turnip greens. Well, after trying them we now know why they were only $.38 a can. Can you say yuck? My daughter didn't like them at all. I didn't care for them but ate what I had put on my plate. Hubby thought they were alright and finished most of what was left. I think so we wouldn't waste it. We have all decided we won't be buying them again though. At least we can say we tried them once. I'm thinking we won't like the other two greens either but we'll just have to wait and see. So the overall rating from our family on turnip greens is EWWWWWW! And that my dear blog readers is your try it before you buy it for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment