Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sleeping In

Soooooooo................I had all intentions of trying to sleep in this morning since it's Saturday and I hardly ever get to sleep in now that my daughter is in school. Don't really have any MAJOR plans today either so sleeping in sounded like a GREAT idea! Ummm.....yeah, sleeping in did not happen and here's why!

Well, we stayed up a bit late to begin with last night. I was crocheting on some things until about 12-12:30am. Can't really remember for sure. I woke up once in the middle of the night but not because of one of the kids. They both slept ALL night long! Yay! I myself just woke up. No biggie. Just rolled over and went back to sleep. Wasn't like when I have to get up, rock the baby for 10, 20, 30 minutes, sometimes longer until he falls back to sleep. Then of course you always have to use the bathroom too once you get woke up in the middle of the night thus making me usually be up at least 30 minutes on average when my son is the reason I'm awake in the middle of the night.

After my brief waking up and falling back to sleep I am sleeping soundly. Next thing I know I am waking up to my hubby getting out of bed and the annoying ringing of my cell phone alarm clock from the dining room in my purse. Grrrrrr!!!! I use the alarm on my cell phone as my alarm clock in the mornings during the week because I can have it right there by me on the head board of the bed. It isn't as loud as a regular alarm clock and with it right there by me I can easily grab it and turn it off before it wakes everyone up in the mornings. That way I can get ready before getting the kids up and around. Well, I forgot to turn it off for the weekend thus messing up my plans of sleeping in. Yeah, I know. That's my fault!

So at about 7:30am hubby brought me my phone and I shut off the alarm. I'm lying there in bed trying to decide if I want to just get up or if I want to try to fall back asleep. I chose to stay in bed. Well, I never really fell back asleep so I just got up about 45 minutes later. Figured everyone else is sleeping so I'd get up and try to accomplish some things before they all got up. Lucky you! First thing I'm accomplishing today is this blog post for all your reading eyes!

So much for sleeping in! Guess I'll try again tomorrow morning! Suppose I better go disable the 7:30am alarm on my cell phone though huh? Otherwise I'll be in the same boat as this morning! All I did this morning was make it to where it wouldn't go off again today. If I don't completely disable it I will we waking up to its annoying sound again tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hate when that happens! The opposite happened to me today...I wanted to get up early to get some things done and I slept til 9:30! Go figure!

    ReplyDelete