Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reading Stories

I was in the process of replying to a conversation in my Etsy shop when my little boy started crying. He was waking up for the day so I went in and got him out of his crib. We sat down in the rocking chair in his room and he spotted the stack of books.

He got up and picked one out. We read it and I said "the end". I closed the book and he took it to put it back. I started to get up to move the chair off to the side because when we rock him at night we have to pull it out a bit from the wall. When I got up to move the chair he started whining because he thought I was leaving the room. He had picked out another book to read. I sat back down and we read his next choice.

While he was putting the second book away I hurried and put the chair back where we keep it during the day. He then came back with another story to read. We ended up sitting in his room this morning and read 9 stories.

I'm so glad he enjoys having stories read to him! My daughter always did too! Now she is an avid reader and does so well with it. She reads about two grade levels above her age which is great! Reading is such a wonderful hobby for children to have in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment