Monday, December 28, 2009

Snow Boots

Oh my goodness! There must be a lot of little girls running around the town that my hubby's parents live in that have the same size foot as our daughter. Saturday afternoon my mother-in-law, one of my sister-in-laws, my daughter, and myself went out shopping. One of the main things I was looking for we never found, a pair of snow boots for my daughter.

We started out at Shoe Carnival. They had some pretty cute ones but only one pair were in our price range and neither my daughter nor myself liked them. After that we headed over to Wal-mart. They had two pair but neither pair really jumped out at us so we decided to keep looking. Our next stop was Payless Shoes. After the girl working there measured my daughter's foot she informed us that they had no snow boots in my daughter's size so once again we left without any boots. The next store we tried was Target. Here they had some cute boots that were a bit more pricey than I wanted to spend but I would have probably gone ahead and purchased a pair had they had my daughter's size. So once again we left still in search of a pair of snow boots for my little girl. We were done shopping for the time being and I told my daughter that daddy and I would take her to look for a pair of snow boots later in the week.

Well tonight we went to Wal-mart by our house to get groceries for us and our doggie. Low and behold we saw an end cap with snow boots on it! Our daughter tried on a couple of different sizes and of course they were all too small. We glanced down the aisle and yay! There were a whole lot more of this particular style. We found the next size up and hip, hip, hooray! They fit great and only cost $7.00!

It's unreal how the sizes for snow boots run compared to shoe sizes. When we had gone to Payless Shoes and the girl had measured my daughter's foot, she told us that she needed a size 2 in snow boots. I thought that sounded like it was too big of a size considering my daughter only wears a size 13 shoe but believe it or not, the snow boots we bought her tonight were actually a size 3! Isn't that crazy?

Apparently my daughter LOVES her new snow boots too. She wanted to put them on as soon as we got to the truck in the Wal-mart parking lot. We told her to wait until we got home. We hadn't been home long and she had them on her feet. She said she wanted to sleep in them! I told her no. She didn't even want to take them off to get in her jammies so I told her she could wear them with her jammies. She is now walking around in a night gown and snow boots. Boy, does she look a bit silly but hey, she's happy so I suppose it's all good, right? Who's gonna see her anyway besides mommy, daddy, and little brother? Hmmm....maybe I should take a photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment