Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe

Good ol' grandma and her cooking magazines is to thank for this blog post! We spend a lot of time throughout the year at my grandparent's house and sometimes while there, we browse through grandma's cooking magazines to see if there is something in there we want to try to make or better yet, something we see in there that we want grandma to try to make FOR us!

One time while thumbing through one of grandma's magazines I came across a recipe for creamy potato soup. Well, after adjusting the ingredients a bit, I've come up with my own cheesy potato soup recipe. I made a big ol' pot of it today so thought it was a good time to share the recipe with all of you!


Ingredients needed:
4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
6 cups water
1 large chopped onion
2 cans (10.5 oz each) condensed cream of celery soup
8 oz cubed Velveeta cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

*In large pot, combine hash browns, water, and onion. Bring to a boil.

*Reduce heat-stir in cream of celery soup and Velveeta cheese. Cook and stir until Velveeta cheese is melted.

*Stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Do not boil.

After that, you are ready to dish you up a bowl and enjoy! Eat it plain like I do or add your favorite toppings like bacon bits, shredded cheese, or chopped green onions! Hope you all enjoy this soup as much as I do! I'm off to grab a second bowl now! Yummy!

*Small tip: The longer you boil the hash browns, water, and onion together, the less crunchy your onion will be. My onion always seems to have a bit of a crunch to it. Guess I just get too impatient and want my soup done too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment