Saturday, December 29, 2012

Homemade Macaroni And Cheese

Do you like homemade macaroni and cheese? You know the kind you make with elbow macaroni noodles and the REAL Velveeta cheese? Mmm! Mmm! Good!

Well, I do! Tonight I was sitting and enjoying a bowl of it when my daughter came up to me. She asked me if it was the macaroni and cheese from my grandma's house. We had been there for a big family gathering today which included a BIG meal. Gotta love grandma's cooking!

I told my daughter that yes, the macaroni and cheese was from my grandma's house. I love it when grandma sends home the leftovers. My daughter smiled and her eyes lit up when she told me how good she thought it was because it was SO cheesy.

She started to ask me a question which began with, "Can I have some?" As I started to shake my head yes, thinking she was going to ask if she could have some macaroni and cheese, she finished her question with, "of yours?"

Ummmm......no! Get your own macaroni and cheese, which of course she did. We both enjoyed a nice bowl of it for a late night snack! I followed mine up with a snickerdoodle cookie my aunt made. Hmmmm......and then I wonder why my jeans don't fit like they use to? Lol. Couldn't be all the pasta and sugar could it? Naw! They must just be shrinking in the wash!

No comments:

Post a Comment