Sunday, October 28, 2012

Coffee

Growing up I remember staying the night at my grandparent's house. Grandpa and grandma would be drinking coffee with breakfast. Grandpa would ask me if I wanted some coffee too.

Of course, I said no. I didn't like coffee. Then grandpa would jokingly tell me, "It will put hair on your chest." To which I would reply, "Grandpa, I don't want hair on my chest!" Then grandpa would just sit there giggling with a HUGE grin.

It is so fun today to tell this story and bring back that memory especially when my daughter is there to hear it too. Grandpa still does his giggle and grin. :-)

Now as a grown up, I still don't like the taste of coffee and still don't want hair on my chest BUT mmmmm, the smell of coffee is great!

My hubby used to drink energy drinks to help wake him up some days but now has started drinking coffee more often to get his caffeine fix. The aroma of it in our house in the mornings is wonderful! I joked with him the other day that he was getting old though. Lol. He gets up on some mornings now and sits around drinking coffee like his dad and my grandparents do.

I don't think he considers himself OLD yet, but does realize we are not spring chickens anymore and are getting closer to that OLD age label. We may not want to get closer BUT alas it is part of life.

I guess this morning I would get classified in that getting old category with him because I'm sitting here typing this blog post with a hot cup of coffee myself. Yes, I know I said I don't like the taste of it, but the warmness of the coffee sure does soothe a sore throat which unfortunately I have at the moment. 

Hubby puts sugar and creamer in his coffee but says he is going to try to get to a time when he can just drink it black since each cup he currently makes never tastes quite the same. He says he doesn't always measure out the creamer and sugar the same each time.

My coffee is doctored up with lots of sugar, honey, and creamer. Gotta try and disguise that gross coffee taste that I don't like! Do tell what you like in your coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment